Moms Nicole Tanner and Linda Breneman, along with Stephen Duetzmann, a dad, talk about video game news, kids, and what we’re playing. This week Linda couldn’t join in, but Nicole and Stephen talk about all the pretty darned awesome announcements at this year’s E3 event. (Check out Pixelkin’s extensive and excellent coverage of E3 2016 here.)
Hey, Overcast listeners! Recommend us if you have a minute, would you? Thanks, everyone, we love you! Please send in questions!
Listen to the podcast in the player above, download it here, or…
- Stephen gloats about his win/loss record on his E3 predictions on last week’s podcast.
- Kit Harington is going to be the villain in the next Call of Duty game. Guess what he’s most known for!
- The new God of War was announced. Nicole’s stoked!
- Stephen waxes poetic about The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and how he can play a wonderful open-world game in front of (and with) his kids. Here’s his story on Engaged Family Gaming about the game.
- EA talked about Star Wars, but there weren’t many details. There wasn’t much info about Mass Effect: Andromeda, either.
- Bethesda announced the shooter Quake Champions, as well as Prey, and Dishonored 2. Fallout Shelter is coming to the PC. There’s new Fallout 4 DLC. Doom is getting some new maps and modes.
- Microsoft unveiled Project Scorpio, a new(ish) console with a lot of processing power and a sort of mini-Xbox One, custom controllers, plus the Play Anywhere feature for expanded cross-platform play on a lot of games, including Minecraft. They also announced Gears of War 4, State of Decay 2, Gwent, Final Fantasy XV.
- Dead Rising 4 has lots and lots of zombies.
- Sony opened with God of War footage. Kojima announced his new game (check out naked Norman Reedus). There’s going to be a new Resident Evil game in VR (yikes!) plus lots of other VR games. The Last Guardian finally has a release date. Horizon Zero Dawn showed gameplay. Crash Bandicoot is going to be in Skylanders. There’s a new Spider-Man game coming out from Insomniac. There was some footage from Detroit, Quantic Dream’s new game, which looked very cool.
- Nintendo announced the new Zelda game, which was SO cool….but they also talked about some other games. Ever Oasis will be a new offering for the 3DS. A new Pokémon Sun and Moon is getting a new battle mode.
- Dragon Quest Builders is a new game that is not Minecraft, according to Stephen, but it looks a little like Minecraft.
- Start Trek: Bridge Crew is coming out from Ubisoft. They also announced Steep, a skiing sim? we think?
- Paper Mario: Color Splash was announced (from Nintendo).
What We Played
- Stephen played a little Overwatch and plans to play Kirby Robobot.
- Nicole played a little Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Hearthstone, and Stardew Valley.
Our music is by Pat Goodwin at Novelty Shop Creative. Participating in this podcast were Nicole Tanner, Linda Breneman, and Stephen Duetzmann. Look for Stephen at Engagedfamilygaming.com, on his other podcast, and on Facebook, Instagram and all the usual social media channels.
Thanks for listening and, if you liked this episode, please rate us on iTunes and follow on BlogTalkRadio!