Outright Games and developer Wildsphere Studios have released Gigantosaurus: The Game based on the Disney Junior animated series. It’s available now on PC (Steam), PlayStation 4, Switch, and Xbox One….
The Humble Humongous Entertainment Bundle at the Humble store features over 30 educational kids games from the 90s from software developer Humongous Entertainment. If you were a kid in the 90s chances are you recognize the likes of Putt-Putt, Pajama Sam, and Freddi Fish.
The games are available to purchase in three different tiers, with the lowest as Humble’s familiar Pay What You Want tier. Each game is rated as being appropriate for kids age 3-8, and all are redeemed through Steam (PC, Mac, Linux).
Pay at least $1 to unlock:
- Big Thinkers 1st Grade
- Big Thinkers Kindergarten
- Fatty’ Bear’s Birthday Surprise
- Junior Field Trips: Let’s Explore the Airport
- Junior Field Trips: Let’s Explore the Farm
- Junior Field Trips: Let’s Explore the Jungle
- Putt-Putt and Pep’s Balloon-o-Rama
- Putt-Putt and Pep’s Dog on a Stick
- Putt-Putt and Fatty Bear’s Activity Pack
- Putt-Putt: Pep’s Birthday Surprise
- Spy Fox In: Cheese Chase
Pay more than the average (currently $10.75):
- Spy Fox 2 “Some Assembly Required”
- Putt-Putt Travels Through Time
- Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse
- Pajama Sam 4: Life Is Rough When You Lose Your Stuff
- Pajama Sam’s Lost & Found
- Pajama Sam’s Sock Works
- Pajama Sam: Games to Play on Any Day
- Spy Fox In: Hold the Mustard
- Spy Fox in “Dry Cereal”
Pay $14 to also unlock:
- Pajama Sam 3: You Are What You Eat From Your Head to Your Feet
- Freddi Fish 5: The Case of the Creature of Coral Cove
- Freddi Fish 4: The Case of the Hogfish Rustlers of Briny Gulch
- Spy Fox 3 “Operation Ozone”
- Putt-Putt Joins the Circus
- Putt-Putt Enters the Race
- Pajama Sam 2: Thunder and Lightning Aren’t so Frightening
- Freddi Fish 3: The Case of the Stolen Conch Shell
- Freddi Fish and Luther’s Maze Madness
- Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon
- Putt-Putt Joins the Parade
- Freddi Fish and Luther’ Water Worries
- Freddi Fish and The Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds
- Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo
- Pajama Sam: No Need to Hide When It’s Dark Outside
Purchasing through Humble offers the option to support certain charities. For the Humongous Entertainment bundle, you can choose to donate any or all of the purchase to St. Jude Children Research Hospital or the Boy Scouts of America.
Many of the Humongous games are also available on mobile devices, and are slated to arrive later this year on consoles.
The Humble Bundle ends March 22.
While many games on the Switch are kid-friendly, few are explicitly educational, and even fewer aimed at the under six crowd. Little Shopping is a counting game for toddlers and preschoolers to teach and foster counting skills. It’s out today on Switch for $1.49. Best of all, there are no ads or microtransactions.
In Little Shopping, your preschooler can shop at four different kid-friendly stores, such as grocery, pet, and toy. They have a shopping list to identify which products they need to buy. Then they’ll need to pay the appropriate amount in coins. The touch screen controls let your little one drag the items they or coins they need.
Using coins for counting is a tool that kids will learn throughout their early years in Kindergarten and first grade.
Little Shopping was developed by Polish company Baked Games and published by Ultimate Games S.A., a Polish producer best known for Ultimate Fishing Simulator. Baked Games has developed a number of kid-friendly mobile titles, including Guess Word, Theater Tales, and Pet Care.
Little Shopping is available today on Switch. It’s also available on the Polish App Store and Google Play digital mobile stores. Naturally, it’s rated E for Everyone.
The digital educational series Reader Rabbit has found new life on Apple TV, courtesy of Swedish company Games4Kids. Games4Kids has released Reader Rabbit: Jumpsmarter exclusively on the Apple TV store…
Parenting Hero is a new mobile app launching today that aims to provide parenting advice in the form of role-playing hypothetical scenarios. It’s based on the best-selling book, How to…