Moms Nicole Tanner and Linda Breneman, along with Stephen Duetzmann, a dad, talk about video game news, kids, and what we’re playing. This week we go out on a limb and make some E3 predictions.
Hey, Overcast listeners! Recommend us if you have a minute, would you? Thanks, everyone, we love you! Please send in questions!
Listen to the podcast in the player above, download it here, or…
- Injustice 2 is coming out. Stephen is very excited.
- There is a new trailer for the game that surely will win the prize for the most complicated name: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue.
- Certain Overwatch characters are being nerfed. Listen to Stephen’s in-depth analysis.
- We predict, speculate, and dream about what’s going to be announced at E3 2016.
- What will be the big news on EA games (Madden, Battlefront, the unknown new Star Wars game)?
- The new Mass Effect game from Bioware?
- Bethesda’s Dishonored 2, Skyrim, and Wolfenstein franchises?
- Microsoft’s Gears of War 4, Dead Rising 4, new hardware, including Hololens? Will Microsoft jump beyond the Hololens into VR?
- Call of Duty something-or-other?
- Ubisoft’s Watchdogs 2, which is being set in San Francisco? (Actually, that’s confirmed now.)
- Will the new Just Dance have Meghan Trainor?
- Will the new PlayStation console be announced? What about the new Detroit game?
- And much, much more, including predictions about the Final Fantasy series and Nintendo!
What We Played
- Nicole played Hearthstone and Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, and she bought Animal Crossing: New Leaf. She thinks it might help Ana learn to read.
- Stephen played “a borderline irresponsible amount of Overwatch” and Pokemon X.
- Linda played Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate, Candy Crush Saga, and attended the conference Content Strategy Beyond the Screen Masterclass, at which she got excited when Noelle LaCharite talked about developing games and other “skills” for the Amazon Echo.
Our music is by Pat Goodwin at Novelty Shop Creative. Participating in this podcast were Nicole Tanner, Linda Breneman, and Stephen Duetzmann. Look for Stephen at Engagedfamilygaming.com, on his other podcast, and on Facebook, Instagram and all the usual social media channels.
Thanks for listening and, if you liked this episode, please rate us on iTunes and follow on BlogTalkRadio!