One of the best (and best-selling) series on the original PlayStation and PlayStation 2 was Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater. Geoff Keighley’s first announcement for the Summer Game Fest is a…
This year has a lot of firsts, including the first year without an E3 event due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Bigger game publishers, such as Ubisoft, are hosting their own digital conferences later this summer. For many indie studios, there’s the Guerrilla Collective.
The Guerrilla Collective is a new digital games festival taking place June 6 – 8, featuring announcements, trailers, and interviews with over 20 developers, including 11 bit Studios, Humble, Larian Studios, Paradox Interactive, and Ysbryd Games.
June 6 and 7 will feature press events including trailers and new announcements, while the final day will feature gameplay demos and developer interviews.
Here is the full list of participating developers and publishers:
- 11 Bit Studios (Frostpunk, This War of Mine)
- Another Indie (SIMULACRA 2, Yuppie Psycho)
- Coffee Stain Studios (Satisfactory, Deep Rock Galactic)
- Fellow Traveller (In Other Waters, Neo Cab)
- Funcom (Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden, Conan Exiles)
- Good Shepherd Entertainment (John Wick Hex, The Eternal Cylinder)
- Headup (Bridge Constructor Portal, Pumpkin Jack)
- Humble Publishing (Temtem, Forager)
- Larian Studios (Baldur’s Gate III, Divinity: Original Sin II)
- Modern Wolf (Necronator: Dead Wrong, Out There: Oceans of Time)
- Paradox Interactive (Cities: Skylines, Stellaris)
- Raw Fury (Kingdom Two Crowns, Atomicrops)
- Rebellion (Sniper Elite 4, Zombie Army 4: Dead War)
- Those Awesome Guys (Monster Prom, Move or Die, Floppy Knights)
- Thunderful (SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech, Lonely Mountains: Downhill)
- United Label (Eldest Souls, Röki)
- Versus Evil (The Banner Saga, Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire)
- Whitethorn Games (Aground, StarCrossed)
- WINGS Interactive (Later Daters, Lord Winklebottom Investigates)
- Ysbryd Games (WORLD OF HORROR, VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action)
- ZA/UM (Disco Elysium)
The Guerrilla Collective livestream is produced and hosted by Greg Miller (Kinda Funny Games), and will include the Future Games Show (produced by GamesRadar), Paradox Insider (Paradox Interactive) and the return of the PC Gaming Show with Sean Plott and Frankie Ward (produced by PC Gamer). The show is sponsored by ID@Xbox, Astro Gaming, Razer, Wilmer Sound, and Fully Illustrated.
The Guerrilla Collective event will begin on Jun 6 at 10 am Pacific/1 pm Eastern.
With the cancellation of E3 this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many game studios are turning toward digital streams, events, and conferences. Last week Microsoft showcased 13 upcoming games for the Xbox Series X in the Inside Xbox event. Ubisoft will be hosting their first digital conference , Ubisoft Forward, on July 12 at 12 pm Pacific/3 pm Eastern.
The official news post is extremely brief. Ubisoft promises “an E3-style showcase with plenty of exclusive game new, exciting reveals, and much more.” E3 press conferences are typically between one and two hours, and feature new game reveals, in-depth gameplay videos, and developer presentations.
The biggest upcoming Ubisoft game is Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, which was announced during an artist livestream of the official banner art, followed by a cinematic trailer. Another trailer was shown during the Inside Xbox event, but many fans were disappointed that we didn’t get a look at actual gameplay yet. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is due to launch this holiday season.
Watch Dogs: Legion is another upcoming Ubisoft game. It was announced during last year’s E3 press conference, and featured a mesmerizing gameplay trailer with multiple playable characters. It was initially due to launch in the first half of 2020, but has been delayed to the latter half.
Other upcoming Ubisoft games we hope to see more of are Gods & Monsters, a Breath of the Wild-esque action-RPG, Roller Champions, a roller derby sports game, and Rainbow Six Quarantine, the first new game in the shooter series since 2015’s Rainbow Six Siege.
Ubisoft Forward will stream digitally on July 12, presumably on their official Twitch and YouTube channels.
Media Molecule has a released a free demo of their game-creating-and-playing software Dreams. The Trial and Unlock Demo is available now on the PlayStation Store. Until May 5, the full…