The Pokémon GO Holidays 2019 Event is running now through the stroke of midnight on the New Year’s Day. The event includes new Field Research tasks, increase spawn-rates for Ice-type Pokémon, and new Shiny Pokémon.
During the event you’ll see more Ice-type Pokémon such as Jynx, Delibird, Stantler, and Snover, as well as winter hat-wearing Pikachu and Pichu. They can be found in the wild, in raid battles, and hatched from eggs. Delibird can also appear as a Team Rocket Shadow Pokémon.
Here’s the breakdown of event tasks and their rewards:
- Take 5 snapshots of Ice-type Pokémon – Cubchoo
- Catch 5 Ice-type Pokémon – Snover
- Catch 5 Delibrid or Snover – Pikachu (with hat)
- Catch 10 Ice-type Pokémon – 1000 Stardust
- Hatch 7 eggs – Lapras
Additionally, there will be a global bonus for all Pokémon GO players every two days during the event.
- December 24-25: Double candy from catching and transferring.
- December 26-27: Double the stardust from catching.
- December 28-29: Double the XP from catching.
- December 30-January 1: Eggs hatch twice as quickly (half the distance needed).
And finally, since it’s the season of gift-giving, you’ll be able to carry up to 20 gifts from friends, and open up to 40 gifts each day during the Holidays event. To help with egg-hatching, trainers will also receive a free single-use Incubator per day.
The Pokémon GO Holidays event ends January 1, 2020.