Nicole, Linda, and Simone are joined by awesome voice actor Morla Gorrondona, who is in Destiny right now, by the way, and who is playing the badass character Battery in the upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops III release. Plus we talk about the latest gaming news, what we played, and a wonderful listener’s question. Listen up! (And send in those questions, listeners! We love you, and we love your questions!)
Listen to the podcast in the player above, download the mp3, or…
- LittleBigPlanet is getting a new level kit to commemorate Back to the Future Day. (Here’s information about hoverboard-riding legalities.)
- The new Star Wars movie is coming out and we are nerdily excited.
- Star Wars Battlefront has announced how new characters will work, which include Princess Leia and Han Solo.
- We get off on a tangent about Princess Leia’s costumes, particularly the special challenges of cosplaying the slave-girl costume.
- Pikachu is coming to Build-A-Bear.
- The new game-friendly Apple TV is coming out.
- The list of top games released on disc is a little surprising to us. Sports games like NBA 2K16 (reviewed here) make the top of the disc list, but we think other games probably are more popular if you look at digital downloads.
Morla Gorrondona, Voice Actor Extraordinaire
In popular video game Destiny, Morla is the voice of the hive and also plays Eris Morn. She is in Destiny’s House of Wolves expansion and in the latest expansion, The Taken King. She’s also in Infamous 2 and Bioshock 2. We talk about the differences between voice acting and acting for stage and screen. And then we talk about how she got started, how she built her career, and what advice she has for aspiring actors who want to work in video games. She’s excited to be in a huge game coming out next month, Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, playing an important character named Battery.
What We Played
- Simone played Minecraft: Story Mode and reviewed the first episode for Pixelkin.
- Morla played The Witcher, Destiny: The Taken King, and Yoshi’s Woolly World.
- Nicole played Alphabear and Hearthstone.
- Linda played Ghosts of Memories and reviewed it for Pixelkin. (It’s a mobile game that’s a lot like Monument Valley, which we love.)
Estevan sent in another question! (We love you, Estevan!) He and his wife are expecting their first child (aw….) and he wonders how you decide when to introduce kids to the more mature games. Good question, and we have lots of ideas. Here are a couple of stories about that on Pixelkin:
- Aina Braxton’s amazing approach to discussing games with her son.
- Gender, Horror, and Sex, Oh My! (our panel at Emerald City Comicon on talking to kids about media).
And here’s the latest information about what pediatricians are recommending in terms of screen time for very young children.
This podcast was recorded in the studios of the Jack Straw Cultural Center in Seattle. The music is by Pat Goodwin at Novelty Shop Creative. Nicole Tanner, Linda Breneman, Simone de Rochefort, and Morla Gorrondona participated in this podcast. Thanks for listening and if you liked this episode, please rate us on iTunes and find us on BlogTalkRadio!