And Lo They Gave Unto Us an Ugly Sweater Skin for Soldier: 76, And There Was Much Rejoicing. This year’s annual Winter Wonderland event kicks off today in online hero shooter Overwatch, adding several new holiday skins, weekly challenges, and a festive new Snowball Deathmatch brawl.
Weekly challenges grant new icons, sprays, and skins by earning wins in Quick Play, Competitive Play, and Arcade Mode. The rewards change week to week, as listed below.
Week 1 (Dec. 10 – 17)
- Win 3 Games – Ugly Sweater: 76 Player Icon
- Win 6 Games – Ugly Sweater: 76 Spray
- Win 9 Games – Ugly Sweater: 76 Skin
Week 2 (Dec. 17 – 24)
- Win 3 Games – Coinin Nollag Player Icon
- Win 6 Games – Presents Spray
- Win 9 Games – Holly Moira Skin
Week 3 (Dec. 24 – Jan. 2, 2020)
- Win 3 Games – Snow Angel Player Icon
- Win 6 Games – Winter Spell Spray
- Win 9 Games – Snow Angel Mercy Skin
Other new Legendary Skins includes Rat King Reaper, Jotunn Doomfist, and Mountain Man McCree. Previous Winter Wonderland skins have also returned, and can be found in loot boxes.
The new brawl, Snowball Deathmatch, is an eight player free-for-all where everyone plays as Mei, firing snowball guns as in the previous holiday brawl, Mei’s Snowball Offensive. In Snowball Deathmatch, players will be able to try and catch enemy snowballs. The first to 15 eliminations wins.
The Winter Wonderlands 2019 event is live now, and ends January 2, 2020. Overwatch is available on PC (Battle.net), PlayStation 4, Switch, and Xbox One. Overwatch is rated T for Teen.