Stephen is in full-on Olympics addiction withdrawal this week on our family gaming podcast. Nicole Tanner and Linda Breneman (two moms) talk with dad Stephen Duetzmann about the Olympics, Pokémon GO’s side-effects, how we feel about cheaters, No Man’s Sky hype, and more.
Hey, Overcast listeners! Recommend us if you have a minute, would you? Thanks, everyone, we love you! Please send in questions!
Listen to the podcast in the player above, download it here, or…
- The hand-off ceremony in Rio included one of our favorite characters:
- Niantic is banning cheaters. We think this is a very good thing and a teachable moment for kids.
- Supergirl is going to be in LEGO Dimension as a starter pack exclusive. Nicole thinks this is stupid. Stephen argues.
- Stephen’s excited about Skylanders Imaginators.
- No Man’s Sky is the most popular PC game of 2016.
- Pokémon GO has increased the world’s appetite for all things Pokémon, including old 3DS and 2DS consoles and games.
- Pokemon tournament play is on, with some big prizes on offer.
- EA seems to be releasing a remaster of Mass Effect after all.
- PlayStation Plus prices got raised. Nicole and Stephen talk about Xbox Gold vs. PlayStation Plus.
- Kinda Funny got a studio.
- Final Fantasy XV got delayed. Again. Guess how sad Stephen is.
- Stephen has important things to say about Madden 17, which he reviewed on Pixelkin.
- Stephen has reasons to go back to World of Warcraft for the Legion expansion.
What We Played
- Linda played Unravel. It’s a good game for relaxing.
- Nicole played Hearthstone and Puzzle and Dragons. She also played a little No Man’s Sky and Four Sided Fantasy, a puzzle game that will make your brain hurt.
- Stephen has been playing Hearthstone, World of Warcraft, and Madden 17.
Our music is by Pat Goodwin at Novelty Shop Creative. Participating in this podcast were Nicole Tanner and Stephen Duetzmann. Look for Stephen at Engagedfamilygaming.com, on his other podcast, and on Facebook, Instagram and all the usual social media channels.
Thanks for listening and, if you liked this episode, please rate us on iTunes and follow on BlogTalkRadio!