Every week, moms Nicole Tanner and Linda Breneman, along with Stephen Duetzmann, a dad, talk about video game news, kids, and what we’re playing. This week we try not to talk too much about Pokémon GO and almost succeed!
Hey, Overcast listeners! Recommend us if you have a minute, would you? Thanks, everyone, we love you! Please send in questions!
Listen to the podcast in the player above, download it here, or…
- Nicole loved the new Ghostbusters movie.
- Nintendo is releasing a new plug-and-play NES that will come with 30 classic Nintendo games. Is it a good buy? Stephen displays his encyclopedic Nintendo knowledge and accuses his fellow podcasters of being Nintendo haters (not true). Check out Bubble Bobble, one of the 30 classic games:
- The new Xbox One S has a release date.
- A new study says that the portrayal of women in video games is getting less sexualized. Maybe not so much in Street Fighter, though.
- Rise of the Tomb Raider is on its way to the PlayStation 4 this fall.
- The new Pac-Man game is crazy fun.
- There are a lot of new Pokemon for the upcoming Sun and Moon game.
- Stephen talks about the Pokémon GO lucky egg trick. Nicole complains about the Pokemon puns in this post at Yelp’s blog about their new Pokemon finder. Is there such a thing as a bad Pokémon pun?
What We Played
- Nicole played Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, Animal Crossing, and Hearthstone.
- Linda played Pokémon GO.
- Stephen played Pokémon GO and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. He’s planning on going back to World of Warcraft for the new expansion scheduled for the end of August.
Our music is by Pat Goodwin at Novelty Shop Creative. Participating in this podcast were Nicole Tanner, Linda Breneman, and Stephen Duetzmann. Look for Stephen at Engagedfamilygaming.com, on his other podcast, and on Facebook, Instagram and all the usual social media channels.
Thanks for listening and, if you liked this episode, please rate us on iTunes and follow on BlogTalkRadio!