Three moms—Nicole Tanner, Linda Breneman, and Kelly Knox—and one dad—Stephen Dueztmann—talk about news and more news, especially Nintendo gossip, news, and rumors. Nicole and Stephen DO NOT fight about Nicole’s gamer cred. Then, as always, we talk about what we’re playing.
Hey, Overcast listeners! Recommend us if you have a minute, would you? Thanks, everyone, we love you! Please send in questions!
Listen to the podcast in the player above, download it here, or…
- #ManInTree (yes, he got his own Twitter hashtag) got down. We hope he’s okay.
- LEGO Star Wars introduced some new gameplay stuff that sounds pretty cool, but we think LEGO games have gotten a little stale.
- Minecraft Story Mode Episode 5 will be released soon.
- The new Rise of the Tomb Raider DLC might have more of an endurance-mode flavor than the main game.
- The Game Developer Choice Awards honored Witcher 3, indie game Her Story, and more.
- There have been couple of more big studio closures, including Evolution Studios and 5th Cell, which made the great Scribblenauts games.
Nintendo NX Rumors & News, Plus Wii U Love
There’s a rumor started by Japanese outlet Nikkei that Nintendo is stopping Wii U production. But the Wii U is so great for families and kids! Listen to hear what our most recommended Wii U games are for families.
Stephen thinks the Nintendo’s new console, the NX, is coming out this year. (Some photos of the alleged new NX controller came out, but they’re fake.) Nicole won’t bet against the NX coming out this year, but Stephen offers to pay anyway if he’s wrong, by streaming any embarrassing game Nicole picks for him in the all-night Extra Life gaming marathon for charity.
What We Played
- Stephen played Pokken Tournament and he’s still following the esports tourney Heroes of the Dorm. And he had a LARP weekend.
- Linda played the role-playing tabletop game Fate with her family and completely nerded out.
- Nicole played Hearthstone, of course.
- Kelly played Star Wars: Battlefront (the early release of the new expansion) and Zelda Twilight Princess on the Wii U.
Our music is by Pat Goodwin at Novelty Shop Creative. Participating in this podcast were Nicole Tanner, Linda Breneman, Stephen Duetzmann, and Kelly Knox (on Twitter @Kelly_Knox). Look for Stephen at Engagedfamilygaming.com and on Facebook, Instagram and all the usual social media channels. Look for Kelly Knox on Geek Mom.
Thanks for listening and, if you liked this episode, please rate us on iTunes and find us on BlogTalkRadio!