Digital PC storefront GOG may play second-fiddle to Steam, but they still boast an impressive annual summer sale each year. This year the GOG Summer Sale features over 3000 PC games up to 95% off. You’ll also find several free games and some new demos for upcoming releases.
First, the free games. GOG has made three games in its catalog completely free: Ascendant, an indie platformer from 2014, Delores, a recent mini spin-off of excellent retro adventure game Thimbleweed Park, and War Wind, a sci-fi RTS from the 90s.
The free games have been added to GOG’s free games collection, so you can grab them whenever.
As part of the sale, GOG has also added seven new demos for upcoming games, including Desperados 3.
Available free demos:
- Desperados 3 – western real-time tactical game from the makers of Shadow Tactics.
- Destroy All Humans! – remake of the cheeky 1950s sci-fi action game starring a destructive alien.
- System Shock – remake of the classic sci-fi horror-shooter.
- Carrion – reverse horror adventure in which you get to play as the amorphous monster.
- Spiritfarer – relaxing management game about ferrying people to the afterlife.
- Vagrus – the Riven Realms – strategy-RPG as you manage a caravan through a dark fantasy world.
- Cris Tales – indie JRPG starring a newly awakened Time Mage.
Find tons of great PC games on sale, including Divinity Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition (50% off), Disco Elysium (25% off), and Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire (60% off). GOG also offers publisher bundle deals with Daedalic, 11 bit Studios, EA, Paradox, and more.
The GOG Summer Sale ends June 15.