We went to PAX Prime 2015 and covered video games until our heads exploded. (We posted nearly 60 stories and we’re working on more!) We played SO MANY GAMES. And talked to SO MANY cool game devs. And got exposed to SO MANY germs. Nicole, Linda, Simone, and Courtney talk about some of their favorite games from PAX. Simone coughs quietly into her sleeve a little because she was the (un)lucky winner of the “PAX pox” lottery this year. But anyhow, listen up! We talk about many cool new games (and a couple of so-so ones).
You can download the mp3 directly here, listen to the podcast in the player above, or…
Pax Prime 2015
Nicole talks about:
- Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2—Will the characters make us laugh as much as in the original game?
- Rise of the Tomb Raider—Just how cool will the new tombs be?
- Cuphead—Will the full game be better than the demo?
Courtney talks about:
- Year Walk on Wii U—Will it be as cool as before?
- Star Fox Zero—Is it a remake or a “reimagining?”
- The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes on the 3DS—How many ways can co-op play be fun?
Simone talks about:
- Skylanders SuperChargers Racing on the 3DS—Is it as good as Mario Kart?
- Tearaway Unfolded—Could it be any cuter?
Linda talks about games she saw at the ID@Xbox PAX preview:
- Halo 5—Is it going to be the biggest thing ever? Because it’s that good?
- Anarcute—Is it going to be the new Katamari Damacy?
- Draw a Stickman—Is it really going to be Kinect enabled? And is that going to be cool, or what?
- Cluster Puck—Is this the greatest new party game?
Then Nicole talks about Gigantic, a new third-person MOBA. Did she like it? (Hint: YES!! She almost can’t say enough good about it.)
Courtney and Simone jet us right into the future with the VR game Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. Could it be as cool as it sounds????
We also got the rundown on Eon Altar from Nicole. Does it successfully bring tabletop goodness to mobile gaming?
We reminisce fondly about the people we met at PAX. What a nice crowd!
And P.S. Courtney HAD to talk about GNOG. She loves her puzzle games. Linda HAD to talk about Eco. She loves her educational games. And Nicole had to talk about Hero Generations, which sounds really interesting.
If you have questions or comments or stories about PAX, please send them to email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you.
This podcast was recorded in the studios of the Jack Straw Cultural Center in Seattle. The music is by Pat Goodwin at Novelty Shop Creative. Nicole Tanner, Linda Breneman, Simone de Rochefort, and Courntey Holmes participated in this podcast. Thanks for listening and if you liked this episode, please rate us on iTunes and find us on BlogTalkRadio!