In case you missed the Steam Holiday Sale (and the Autumn Sale, and the Halloween sale…) get ready for the first big PC game sale of 2020: The Steam Lunar New Year Sale. As opposed to previous sales, this one only lasts the weekend, ending Monday, Jan. 27 at 10 am Pacific/1 pm Eastern.
In addition to a nearly endless parade of discounts, the Lunar New Year Sale also features tokens you can earn and spend in the Lunar Night Market. Every $1 you spend during the sale nets you 100 tokens. You can also earn 100 free tokens every day by logging onto steam and clicking on the gift envelopes on the store page.
The tokens can be redeemed for rewards similar to the Holiday Sale: new Steam profile designs, emoticons, stickers, and a $5 off coupon (for 5,000 tokens).
Here’s some notable deals:
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order – $47.99 (20% off)
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – $47.99 (20% off)
- Resident Evil 2 – $19.79 (67% off)
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey – $23.99 (60% off)
- Hollow Knight – $7.49 (50% off)
- Disco Elysium – $31.99 (20% off)
- Sekiro: Shadows Dice Twice – $38.99 (35% off)
- Frostpunk – $11.99 (60% off)
- Sid Meier’s Civilization 6 – $14.99 (75% off), DLC 33% – 50% off
Since it’s the Year of the Rat, many of the Lunar Night Market rewards are rat-themed. The Year of the Rat also extends to highlighting several rat-themed (or rat-adjacent) discounted games, such as Moss, Tooth and Tail, Armello, and Warhammer: Vermintide 2.
The Steam Lunar New Year Sale ends Jan. 27.