It’s the most wonderful day of the mid-year: the start of the annual Summer Sale on Steam.
As with the last few years, Steam has eliminated the timed flash deals in favor of static deals lasting over the next two weeks. Sale prices also aren’t quite what they used to be, averaging closer to 50-60% rather than 75% and above. Still, a deal’s a deal, and you won’t find a bigger collection of discounted PC games anywhere else.
Here are some particularly juicy deals:
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition $3.99 (80% off)
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided $14.99 (75% off)
- Tom Clancy’s The Division $19.99 (60% off)
- Dishonored 2 $19.99 (50% off)
- Fallout 4 $14.99 (50% off)
- Divinity: Original Sin – Enhanced Edition $15.99 (60% off)
- Darkest Dungeon $9.99 (60% off)
- Galactic Civilizations III + Crusades Expansion $19.99 (60% off)
- Steamworld Heist $5.09 (66% off)
- This War of Mine $3.99 (80% off)
- Transistor $2.99 (85% off)
You can also find entire franchises on sale. Most Final Fantasy titles are 50% off, including Final Fantasy XIII, and X/X-2 HD Remaster. You can also find all the Call of Duty games for 50% off, such as Black Ops III and Infinite Warfare. Don’t forget to look up games on Steam Database to see if the sale price is actually a good deal.
Each major Steam Sale (Summer and Winter) features a little mini-game or social game. This year’s Steam Summer Sale is introducing a Sticker Book.
Stickers are similar to Steam’s digital trading cards. You get them from sticker packs earned by completing quests. You can earn one sticker pack a day by viewing your Discovery Queue. In addition each day will feature Daily Quests to complete. As long as the Steam Summer Sale is still ongoing, you can always complete a Daily Quest.
The Daily Quests for June 22 are to view your Activity page, and to review your Store Preferences to tailor which games you see first.
The Steam Summer Sale ends July 5.