This week on the podcast Nicole and Stephen talk about the Tokyo Game Show, Titanfall, Hearthstone, initiating fights in NHL 17, and more.
Hey, Overcast listeners! Recommend us if you have a minute, would you? Thanks, everyone, we love you! Please send in questions!
Listen to the podcast in the player above, download it here, or…
- A bunch of JRPGs have been announced at the Tokyo Game Show. (Polygon did a good roundup.) There’s a new Kingdom Hearts game. There’s news about Kojima’s new game with the “ghost baby,” Death Stranding.
- Don’t worry, Call of Duty fans. Your game is going to be around FOREVER. Weigh in on whether Call of Duty and its ilk (military shooters) should just go away at email@example.com.
- There’s a pretty good farming game on the Apple Watch.
- E.T. is showing up in LEGO Dimensions. Nicole’s excited about new titles coming to LEGO Dimensions.
- There’s going to be a Titanfall collectible card game (everyone gets a CCG!) Stephen talks about collectible card games, both physical games and digital games. Why hasn’t Nintendo made a Mario CCG?
- There’s a Pokemon YouTube series. Stephen’s kids are excited.
- The LEGO Harry Potter is going to be remastered for PS4.
- The Last Guardian got delayed.
- League of Legends has SO MANY PLAYERS.
- The World of Warcraft movie is streamable now.
- There are updated releases for Dead Rising. Check it out if you love zombies.
- There’s a new Assassin’s Creed Ezio Collection coming out in November.
What We Played
- Nicole played Hearthstone and Professional Farmer 2017. Will Nicole make Stephen play Professional Farmer or Star Stable? Check out the inspiring trailer below. Nicole has also been playing Armello. And Recore, which she reviewed for Pixelkin.
- Stephen has been playing World of Warcraft and Hearthstone and Earthlock: The Festival of Magic, an old-school RPG that is free on Xbox Gold right now. He’s also been really enjoying NHL 17. How you can make the players fight and learn to play hockey with this game. He also played Pac-Man Championship Edition 2.
Our music is by Pat Goodwin at Novelty Shop Creative. Participating in this podcast were Nicole Tanner and Stephen Duetzmann. Look for Stephen at Engagedfamilygaming.com, on his other podcast, and on Facebook, Instagram and all the usual social media channels.
Thanks for listening and, if you liked this episode, please rate us on iTunes and follow on BlogTalkRadio!