This week on our family gaming podcast, Nicole Tanner, a mom, and Stephen Duetzmann, a dad, talk about video game news, kids, and what they’re playing. This week they get into Hearthstone, No Man’s Sky, and whether Nicole hates Nintendo or JRPGs. Plus lots of other cool stuff.
Hey, Overcast listeners! Recommend us if you have a minute, would you? Thanks, everyone, we love you! Please send in questions!
Listen to the podcast in the player above, download it here, or…
- Nintendo is having a back-to-school sale. There are some fantastic games on sale at great prices. You can get the Yoshi amiibo!
- Amy Henning, the master storyteller behind the Uncharted games, is going to be the keynote speaker at PAX West.
- People are taking advantage of a bug in the Lucioball mode of Overwatch, and Blizzard is warning people not to.
- Blizzard has announced all the cards in the new Hearthstone and people are freaking out about one particular card. Stephen likens the controversy to what happens when new Magic: The Gathering cards are released and 9-year-old players enjoy Kangaroo Ninja cards.
- Nicole and Stephen talk about various career trajectories of games journalists.
- Sony is holding an event September 7 in New York. Guess what’s being announced?
- New Pokémon have been announced. Including a haunted sand castle.
- Stephen is taking a break from Pokemon Go until they fix the tracking.
- There’s going to be a Meat Is Murder game from The Smiths and PETA.
- There’s an Oregon Trail card game and it’s exclusive to Target.
- Stephen has thoughts, feelings, and opinions about the game Cards Against Humanity. (Spolier: he doesn’t like it. At all.)
- The International Dota 2 tournament is going on right now.
What We Played
- Nicole played Hearthstone and No Man’s Sky. Listen to learn more about the hype and the facts around this new game.
- Stephen has been playing Hearthstone. He got a Kickstarter reward for a game he backed in 2013, a copy of the game The Girl and the Robot.
- Nicole and Stephen talk about just how much Nicole is looking forward to the new Bioshock.
Our music is by Pat Goodwin at Novelty Shop Creative. Participating in this podcast were Nicole Tanner and Stephen Duetzmann. Look for Stephen at Engagedfamilygaming.com, on his other podcast, and on Facebook, Instagram and all the usual social media channels.
Thanks for listening and, if you liked this episode, please rate us on iTunes and follow on BlogTalkRadio!