Every week, moms Nicole Tanner and Linda Breneman, along with Stephen Duetzmann, a dad, talk about video game news, kids, and what we’re playing. This week we also cover our thoughts and feelings about cheating in video games.
Hey, Overcast listeners! Recommend us if you have a minute, would you? Thanks, everyone, we love you! Please send in questions!
Listen to the podcast in the player above, download it here, or…
- Stephen explains the mysteries of Squirrel Girl and reports that Anna Kendrick wants to play her. The interwebs are abuzz.
- We anticipate the epic release of mixed-reality game Pokemon Go. (Wow, is it ever a huge thing just a few days into its release.) Listen to hear Stephen’s rules about going out into the world with his kids to play the game. Nicole compares it to Ingress, an amazing game from the same developer. It’s also a bit like Geocaching. We like games that get you out moving around the real world.
- Nintendo might try using controllers for its mobile games.
- The Nintendo CEO talked about the work needed to prepare people for the new console.
- Xbox backwards compatibility has driven renewed Red Dead Redemption sales.
We talk about the company that has created mods that allow cheating in Blizzard games (like Overwatch), prompting a lawsuit by Blizzard. Blizzard has already banned thousands of Overwatch cheaters.
What We Played
- Nicole had an epic win in Hearthstone. She also played LEGO: Star Wars The Force Awakens and reviewed it for Pixelkin, and she played Stardew Valley.
- Stephen played Mighty Number 9 and reviewed it on Engaged Family Gaming. He’s been watching Games Done Quick, which is raising money for Doctors Without Borders. He also played Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and really liked it. He reported back on the amount of boob jiggling (not too much), which is important to consider when playing any game with kids.
- Linda played Overwatch, mostly as Lucio, which is a good character to start out with.
Our music is by Pat Goodwin at Novelty Shop Creative. Participating in this podcast were Nicole Tanner, Linda Breneman, and Stephen Duetzmann. Look for Stephen at Engagedfamilygaming.com, on his other podcast, and on Facebook, Instagram and all the usual social media channels.
Thanks for listening and, if you liked this episode, please rate us on iTunes and follow on BlogTalkRadio!