Moms Nicole Tanner and Linda Breneman and dad Stephen Duetzmann talk about the news this week and dive deep into our Miitomo lives. Then we talk about what we’re playing. Thanks to our sponsor, Thrive Market, an online store where you can order healthy food and support families in need.
Hey, Overcast listeners! Recommend us if you have a minute, would you? Thanks, everyone, we love you! Please send in questions!
Listen to the podcast in the player above, download it here, or…
- Stephen is doing a panel at PAX East in the Bumblebee Theater on Friday, April 22. It’s called “Achievement Unlocked 2.0 – Parents Play Games Too!” and it’s about “how to balance the demands of work, life, play, and being mom/dad.” Steve Lubitz, who has guested on our podcast, will be there too.
- Stephen is also doing his other podcast live at April 30 at the Connecticut Festival of Indie Games, at Elm City Games at New Haven, Connecticut.
- Linda attended the Heroes of the Dorm finals.
- Nicole did a panel at Emerald City ComiCon about helping kids make games.
- Oculus Rift is suffering big shipment delays and people are really, really mad.
- The STEM video game challenge for kids is going on now. The aim is to encourage kids to learn to code.
- Indie game Stardew Valley has sold over a million copies already.
- There’s a new trailer out for Titanfall 2. Stephen’s excited to play any game with a giant robot and a sword, and he’s especially excited that Titanfall 2 has a single-player campaign.
- Some people (guys) on the Internet are mad that the new Star Wars movie will have a female protagonist. Stephen says “Shut up” to the complainers.
- We also talk about the new Spider-Man movie, which Stephen is excited about, because Spider-Man is coming back to the Marvel universe.
We talk about our impressions, hopes, dreams, and frustrations with the new Miitomo game-type app. (Check out Courtney’s great review on Pixelkin.) Stephen gets the green ninja outfit during the podcast and it makes his day.
What We Played
- Stephen is not playing Clash Royale anymore because it was taking up too much time. He is playing Stikbold: A Dodgeball Adventure with his kids and really likes it.
- Nicole played Hearthstone, of course. And Ratchet and Clank on the PS4.
- Linda played Miitomo and Alphabear.
Our music is by Pat Goodwin at Novelty Shop Creative. Participating in this podcast were Nicole Tanner, Linda Breneman, and Stephen Duetzmann. Look for Stephen at Engagedfamilygaming.com, on his other podcast, and on Facebook, Instagram and all the usual social media channels.
Thanks for listening and, if you liked this episode, please rate us on iTunes and find us on BlogTalkRadio!