Welcome to 2016, treasured listeners! Nicole’s back, and we talk about a ton of game news this week—but only after having a long and mostly spoiler-free conversation about the Star Wars movie and the Game of Thrones TV show.
Hey, Overcast listeners! Recommend us if you have a minute, would you?
Thanks, everyone, we love you! Please send in questions!
Listen to the podcast in the player above, download it here, or…
- There’s sorta, kinda news about the new Nintendo console, known as the NX.
- Virtual reality gaming and headsets are big news right now: the price of the Oculus and what people seem to know about headset choices so far. Maybe the HTC Vive is a good choice? Courtney loved the game Lucky’s Tale when she tried it at PAX.
- The Independent Games Festival has named finalists. Her Story (which Simone loved) is getting a lot of attention. Mini Metro was nominated as well (which Linda liked).
- There are a ton of PlayStation Now games now.
- The Rise of the Tomb Raider is coming to PC.
- Forbes named its notable 30 people under 30 in the Games category.
- Sande Chen studied educational game funding and reported on it on gamesandlearning.org.
- Terry Garrett, who is blind, beat The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time navigating with sound.
What We Played
- Courtney and Simone played Assassin’s Creed Syndicate.
- Simone played Two Dots, a coloring app called Pigment, and AC Syndicate.
- Linda played Rise of the Tomb Raider.
- Nicole played Mario Kart with Ana!
This podcast was recorded in the studios of the Jack Straw Cultural Center in Seattle. The music is by Pat Goodwin at Novelty Shop Creative. Participating in this podcast were Nicole Tanner, Linda Breneman, Simone de Rochefort, and Courtney Holmes.
Thanks for listening and, if you liked this episode, please rate us on iTunes and find us on BlogTalkRadio!