Simone, Linda, and Courtney are joined by Engaged Family Gaming‘s founder, mastermind, video game expert, and Editor-In-Chief, Stephen Duetzmann. As usual we run down the gaming news. Then we talk about our family-gaming recommendations for the upcoming holiday season and run down what we played last week.
Thanks, listeners, we love you! Please send in questions!
Listen to the podcast in the player above, download the mp3, or…
- There’s an upcoming Skylanders TV show from Activision Blizzard.
- Disney Infinity 3.0 on Apple TV is more expensive because of the SteelSeries Nimbus controller it comes with.
- Nintendo is doing a holiday mall tour.
- There’s a new video game charity that benefits soldiers overseas and veterans.
- J.J. Abrams is producing a video game called SpyJinx.
Stephen Duetzmann and EngagedFamilyGaming.com
Stephen Duetzmann started his website for family gamers a couple of years ago. Engaged Family Gaming covers video games, but it also covers the wonderful world of tabletop games for families. We get off on a Star Wars tangent involving theories about Jar Jar Binks, then talk through our recommendations for holiday gift time. Check out Stephen’s great gift guide here—there are so many terrific recommendations in it. (Our holiday gift guides are coming out starting this Friday with Simone’s toys-to-life guide that covers Skylanders, Disney Infinity, and LEGO Dimensions.) Other recs:
What We Played
- Simone played Assassin’s Creed Syndicate and Ghostlight Manor.
- Linda played Alphabear and Assassin’s Creed Syndicate.
- Courtney played Tri Force Heroes, Human Resource Machine, LEGO Dimensions, and Neko Atsume.
- Stephen played Snoopy’s Grand Adventure.
This podcast was recorded in the studios of the Jack Straw Cultural Center in Seattle. The music is by Pat Goodwin at Novelty Shop Creative. Participating in this podcast were Linda Breneman, Simone de Rochefort, Courtney Holmes, and Stephen Duetzmann: @EFGaming on Twitter, EngagedFamilyGaming.com/community. His podcast is Engage!: A Family Gaming Podcast.
Thanks for listening and if you liked this episode, please rate us on iTunes and find us on BlogTalkRadio!