Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order announced a series of Content Creator Packs, mini-expansions, and free updates coming to Cities: Skylines. The staggered release is being called the World Tour, with content inspired by regions around the world.
The first five new additions launch on November 15:
- Inspired by South Korean cities, Heart of Korea (Content Creator Pack) adds 60 creator assets, including buildings, growables, and structures ($5.99).
- To inject some head-bobbing personality alongside the Korean city, the K-Pop Radio Station will also launch at the same time ($3.99).
- Skyscrapers (Content Creator Pack) features over 15 towering skyscrapers inspired by famous buildings from around the world ($5.99).
- The new 80’s Downtown Beat radio station might confirm that the city was in fact built on rock and roll ($3.99).
- The fifth addition is a free update, which adds new content, including roads and vehicles, to the base game and three expansions.
Financial Districts is the new mini-expansion for Cities: Skylines. The expansion introduces the investment feature to invest in industry around your city, along with over 100 assets. Financial Districts releases on December 13, along with Map Pack 2, which adds 10 new maps of different biomes.
The World tour continues in 2023 with the release of Africa in Miniature. Africa in Miniature is a Content Creator Pack developed by Nigerian creators and inspired by Cameroon architecture, with over 40 new buildings. Two new Africa-themed radio stations are also coming. African Vibes will release on December 13, with JADIA (Just Another Day in Africa) releasing alongside the Content Creator Pack next year.
Cities: Skylines will be free to play on Steam from November 10 through November 14. It’s also available on PlayStation 4, Switch, and Xbox One. It’s rated E for Everyone.