On October 21 the first ever Steam Digital Tabletop Fest will make its virtual debut. Hosted by Valve and indie studio Auroch Digital (Mars Horizon), the festival will highlight digital tabletop gaming through October 26, including live broadcasts, panels, and talks with designers and developers.
The following events have been announced:
- Plague Inc: Evolved Let’s Play with game designer James Vaughan as he discusses both the digital and physical versions.
- Othercide gameplay with Art Director and Lead Game Designer.
- Gloomhaven’s stream, featuring the developers discussing recent and upcoming updates during Early Access.
- Virtual panel on games about Mars, where game creators will be joined by actual space agency staff and scientists to ask what games get right and wrong about Mars, including Terraforming Mars and Mars Horizon.
- Virtual panel on Cthulhu games, where game designers from digital and physical ask about the cultural impact of everyone’s favorite elder god, including Among Cthulhu Tactics, and Call of Cthulhu.
Confirmed speakers include Sandy Petersen (Call of Cthulhu), Steve Jackson (Munchkin), and Elizabeth Hargrave (Wingspan). A full schedule has not yet been announced, but live streams will be archived as videos. More panels and streams will be announced in the coming weeks.
The Steam Digital Tabletop Fest will begin October 21st.