February means Lunar New Year, which means another annual installment of unique skins and events for Overwatch. The Overwatch 2020 Lunar New Year Event has begun, adding new skins, intros, emotes, and sprays in special Lunar New Year loot boxes.
This year’s Lunar New Year Event includes three weeks of unlockable goodies, including new festive skins for Doomfist, Winston, and Wrecking Ball. To earn them, win games in Quick Play, Competitive Play, or in the Arcade. Rewards depend on the week as follows.
Week 1, Jan. 16 – Jan. 23
- Win 3 Games – Jingang Doomfist Player Icon
- Win 6 Games – Focus Doomfist Spray
- Win 9 Games – Monk Doomfist Skin
Week 2, Jan. 23 – Jan. 30
- Win 3 Games – Ancient Bronze Winston Player Icon
- Win 6 Games – Ancient Bronze Winston Spray
- Win 9 Games – Ancient Bronze Winston Skin
Week 3, Jan. 30 – Feb. 5
- Win 3 Games – Rat Wrecking Ball Player Icon
- Win 6 Games – Spring Wrecking Ball Spray
- Win 9 Games – Paper Cutting Wrecking Ball Skin
Other new Legendary Skins include Opera Brigittie, Face Changer Sombra, and Mask Dancer Moira.
The new game mode is a twist on capture the flag, called Capture the Flag Blitz. Flags are now placed much closer together, requiring six captures for the winning team, instead of the normal three. In addition to Blitz, you’ll be able to play the regular capture the flag mode during the event as well.
The Overwatch Lunar New Year 2020 event ends Feb. 5. Overwatch is available on PC (Battle.net), PlayStation 4, Switch, and Xbox One. It’s rated T for Teen.