It’s almost been a whole week since the last digital game sale. The annual sequel to the Holiday sale – the New Year Sale, has arrived on the Nintendo eShop, offering discounts of up to 30% on several Nintendo and third-party games.
This is a great chance to get some of the biggest Switch games of the last several years. We recommend Stardew Valley and Terraria for the farmers and builders, Wargroove and Civ 6 for the strategists, SteamWorld Quest for the deckbuilders, and Divinity and Ni no Kuni for RPG fans.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – $41.99
- Splatoon 2 – $41.99
- Yoshi’s Crafted World – $41.99
- Stardew Valley – $9.99
- Sid Meier’s Civilization VI – $29.99
- Terraria – $20.99
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition – $39.99
- Celeste – $9.99
- Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – $34.99
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle – $14.99
- Wargroove $15.99
- Team Sonic Racing $19.99
- SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech – $17.49
Other publishers are joining the eShop New Year sale as well, including XSEED (Story of Seasons), Devolver Digital (Ape Out, My Friend Pedro), Capcom (Mega Man, Dragon’s Dogma), Ubisoft (Assassin’s Creed), and WB Games (Mortal Kombat, all the LEGO games). Discounts range from 30-80% off – if you ever wanted to buy a LEGO game on Switch, now is the time.
The Nintendo eShop New Year sale ends January 16.