Nicole Tanner, a mom, and Stephen Duetzmann, a dad, talk about lots of video game news this week. This episode was sponsored by Loot Crate.
Hey, Overcast listeners! Recommend us if you have a minute, would you? Thanks, everyone, we love you! Please send in questions!
Listen to the podcast in the player above, download it here, or…
Stephen discusses the bedtime wars with his 3-year-old daughter. She is formidable! (Right now, Linda is listening to this post as she writes it up and laughing out loud, remembering her own bedtime wars and—believe it or not—longing for grandchildren. That’s the cycle of life, people!)
- Remastered versions of the Batman games are coming in July.
- There’s going to be a mobile-exclusive Final Fantasy!
- A million gamertags are being released. Listen to Nicole’s rundown of the weird and wonderful categories you can mine for Xbox gamertags.
- Nintendo is going to produce its own feature films. Listen to Stephen and Nicole argue about the Legend of Zelda cartoon. “Link was hella douchey.”
- Nicole and Stephen have a fascinating discussion about rating/reviewing video games. Oh, the drama! Shoutout to Andy Robertson and his Youtube channel, Family Gamer TV. “He is the real deal.”
- Stephen scolds Nicole about having never played Earthbound. Check out Megan Peters’s story about a teacher who uses Earthbound to teach English to Japanese young adults and teens.
- Sony released details about E3. Stephen wants to play Horizon Zero Dawn.
- The beautiful puzzle-platformer Unravel is getting a sequel.
- There will be a kids’ video game awards sometime this fall.
- If you go see the Warcraft movie on the first day, you’ll get a special code.
What We Played
- Nicole played Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. There’s a Garden Warfare 2 update, which will include a cape made out of bacon. She also played Uncharted 4 and Hearthstone.
- Stephen played Hearthstone, Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse on the Wii U, and lots of board games, including a quilting board game called Patchwork. Tsuro is a good board game for kids.
Our music is by Pat Goodwin at Novelty Shop Creative. Participating in this podcast were Nicole Tanner and Stephen Duetzmann. Look for Stephen at Engagedfamilygaming.com, on his other podcast, and on Facebook, Instagram and all the usual social media channels.
Thanks for listening and, if you liked this episode, please rate us on iTunes and follow on BlogTalkRadio!