Nicole, Simone, and Linda are joined by a new regular participant, Stephen Duetzmann, a dad of three and editor-in-chief of the awesome website Engaged Family Gaming. As always, we talk about the news. Then we talk about crowdfunding for games and what we’re playing.
Hey, Overcast listeners! Recommend us if you have a minute, would you? Thanks, everyone, we love you! Please send in questions!
Listen to the podcast in the player above, download it here, or…
- Vtech has bought Leapfrog. Nicole’s not that happy about it.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens is going to have new content no other Star Wars property has.
- The Ubisoft Humble Bundle has a bunch of cool games for not a lot of money.
- Toca Boca has started a Stand for Play campaign to raise awareness about how kids need free play time.
- The AbleGamers organization has launched a new program to give people with disabilities the equipment they need to play video games.
Crowdfunding of Games
Crowdfunding on Kickstarter and other platforms has become a common way to fund indie game development. But is it a good thing or a problem? Maybe both, but we’re not planning to give up on it any time soon.
What We Played
- Stephen played Unravel and Marvel Avenger’s Academy.
- Nicole played Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival and Mario Kart 8 with Anna, and Harvest Moon: Seeds of Memories, and Hearthstone.
- Linda played Rise of the Tomb Raider and a tabletop game called Fate with her family, with her brilliant nephew Isaac Meyer acting as Game Master. Check out Isaac’s History of Japan podcast here.
- Simone made a new video! Be sure to check it out on our YouTube channel:
Our music is by Pat Goodwin at Novelty Shop Creative. Participating in this podcast were Nicole Tanner, Linda Breneman, Simone de Rochefort, and Stephen Duetzmann.
Thanks for listening and, if you liked this episode, please rate us on iTunes and find us on BlogTalkRadio!