Blizzard Entertainment has announced it’s offering a BlizzCon virtual ticket. It’s for folks who aren’t able to attend the popular gaming convention in person. BlizzCon will take place November 6-7 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
“BlizzCon is the ultimate Blizzard community event, and we’re thrilled to give even more people around the world a chance to be a part of it with the Virtual Ticket,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “Whether they’re hearing cool news about their favorite game, cheering on the community contests, or getting behind-the-scenes insight from the developer panels, we want everyone at home to feel like they’re right there with us.”
According to a press release, the BlizzCon virtual ticket will give distant guests access to several events:
- Developer Panels for World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo III, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, and Overwatch
- Costume and talent contests on Friday night emceed by geek-culture personality Wil Wheaton
- In-depth Interviews with Blizzard’s development teams
- The Saturday night closing celebration
- On-demand replays of main-stage and panel-stage events (available for two weeks)
- This year’s commemorative BlizzCon in-game goodies
- Advance access to new BlizzCon merchandise
Virtual ticket buyers will also be able to purchase a BlizzCon goodie bag (for $34.99) filled with commemorative loot. It’s the same goodie bag in-person attendees receive. It’s limited to one per virtual ticket.
If you aren’t interested in going to BlizzCon in person or in-virtual-person, you can still watch streams of the important tournaments.