Mattel and developer Milestone have dropped the checkered flag of information ahead of Hot Wheels Unleashed 2‘s release.
Hot Wheels Unleashed 2: Turbocharged will add five new multiplayer game modes, as well as a new story-centric single player campaign.
- Elimination: The slowest vehicles are eliminated every few seconds, encouraging safe but fast driving.
- Drift Master: Speed is secondary to handling, as points are awarded for precision and style.
- Waypoint: Players can place orange tracks in this free-roaming racing mode of finding the quickest shortcuts.
- Grab the Gears: Pick up items in a chaotic racing arena.
- Clash Derby: Monster Trucks only in this smash ’em up mode.
The all new single player campaign actually tells a story this time around, featuring protagonists Robert and Darla, and their robot friend XR046. Between races, the story will unfold in a series of animated cutscenes as our heroes save the day against monstrous creatures.
Turbocharged will also include the Track Builder, where players can create their own racing tracks using classic Hot Wheels pieces.
The post-launch roadmap includes two season passes, four expansion packs, and over 45 additional vehicles through June 2024. The Deluxe includes the first season pass, while the Legendary Edition includes Volumes 1 and 2.
Hot Wheels Unleashed 2: Turbocharged will release on October 19 on PC (Steam, EGS), PlayStation, Switch, and Xbox consoles.