Steam has most of the holidays and seasonal sales covered, and GoG.com isn’t far behind. GoG is jumping all over the chance for a week-long sale to kick off Spring. Spring technically hasn’t started yet, but who cares – it’s a sale!
The GoG Spring Sale includes over 500 discounts from GoG’s hefty DRM-free library of PC games.
As in previous sales you can find a lot of deals within GoG’s custom-packaged bundles. Some are pretty obvious, like Strategy Games and RPGs. Others are a bit more interesting, like “Games with Wacky Weapons” and “Games You’d Hang Up On Your Wall.”
Unfortunately the bundles don’t actually save you any more money like they did in past sales. These bundles are more like Steam Discovery, pointing out games you otherwise might not know about. This lets you pick and choose whichever titles you’re interested in.
There’s a nice emphasis on more recent titles for this sale. Here are some of my personal recommendations:
- Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition $6.66 (67% off)
- Rogue Legacy $2.99 (80% off)
- Spelunky $2.24 (85% off)
- MASSIVE CHALICE $4.99 (75% off)
- Age of Wonders 3 $7.49 (75% off)
- Heroes of Might and Magic 3: Complete $3.29 (67% off)
- Shadowrun: Dragonfall – Director’s Cut $2.99 (80% off)
- Tales From the Borderlands $6.24 (75% off)
- Brutal Legend $2.99 (80% off)
- All the indie games in the Games for Hipsters and Games to Melt Your Heart bundles
Previous GoG sales have trickled in the bundles every day, as well as including little social games to earn points and free games. None of that is in place for the GoG Spring Sale.
Be on the lookout for any discounts that are 75% or more. Note that a few deals are actually not as low as previous sales. Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition is currently on sale for 50% off. Just last week it was 60%.
The GoG Spring Sale ends March 12 at 3pm Pacific/6 pm Eastern.