The console versions of Minecraft are about to get a big update. Among the features on the way, is a world designed with a classic Eastern aesthetic. The update is called the Chinese Mythology Mash-Up Pack and it’s slated for release in early October.
According to the announcement on Mojang’s official site, the update is “bringing with it an exquisitely crafted world inspired by the myths of the far East: there are ancient cities to explore, gargantuan sculptures to gawp at and cherry blossom aplenty. Beware, though – there’s a reason they call this the land of dragons! There are also 41 new skins and 13 themed music tracks for you to use in your own worlds. Plus: it comes with a special map for the Battle Mini Game we released in June.”
More features of the update are:
- Polar bears and their adorable offspring are to be found wandering frozen biomes.
- Banners! Spruce the place up with your personalized drapery.
- New terrain generation: Igloos now appear in Arctic biomes, and gargantuan fossils lie beneath the earth awaiting your discovery.
- Beetroots! You can farm them and turn them into a restorative soup. Delish!
- Other new blocks: End Bricks, Grass Path, Frosted Ice, Magma, Nether Wart Block, Red Nether Brick and Bone Block.
The update will be making its way to U.S. Xbox platforms and Wii U on October 4, with the other consoles to follow the next day.