Kids’ app developer Toca Boca has released the latest entry in their popular Toca Life series. Called Toca Life: Vacation, the new app features locations including the airport, a hotel and, of course, a beach.
“The Toca Life series has a very enthusiastic fan base with more than 900,000 kids playing with the apps each month,” said Petter Karlsson, Play Designer at Toca Boca. “From the more than 50,000 feature requests we received, it was clear that kids wanted different elements of a travel experience. The resulting app included locations kids will love, filled with engaging play experiences and surprises.”
The Toca Life games are some of my favorites for my daughter. They’re large open worlds designed to help kids make up their own stories. I liken them to playsets like those from Little People, except because they’re digital you get a whole lot more opportunities for your money. Here are some of the features of the game, according to an official release:
- Four locations to explore: airport, hotel, beach and sightseeing
- 34 new characters to create new stories with
- X-ray luggage at the airport. Visit the cockpit and have a snack on the plane.
- Fill up at the hotel buffet or raid the fridge in a hotel room.
- Play on the hotel elevator then ride up to the top floor to enjoy the view from the penthouse suite.
- Shop for souvenirs in the gift shop, take photos in the cut-out stand and have a hot dog on the boardwalk.
- Play on the beach and surf above the ocean animals.
- Discover the island mysteries!
- Kids can record their stories in the app and share with friends!
The other Toca Life games include Toca Life: Town, Toca Life: City, and Toca Life: School. The apps cost $2.99 and don’t feature any third-party ads or in-app purchases.