Nicole, Linda, and Simone are joined by Lisa Jaech, who happens to be Linda’s daughter (and she’s a comic artist and an animator). We have lots of gaming stuff to talk about this week. Listen up!
You can download the mp3 directly here, listen to the podcast in the player above, or…
- There’s a new Disney Infinity 3.0 Star Wars game called Rise Against the Empire.
- GameStop CEO Paul Raines said in Fortune Magazine that game discs are never going to go away. Huh?
- There’s going to be Mass Effect 4D experience in California. These amusement park experiences based on video games are a thing now.
- Free games are coming out for Xbox and PlayStation. Free!
- We talk about upcoming games we’re looking forward to: Rise of the Tomb Raider, Rock Band (with U2), Yoshi’s Wooly World, RollerCoaster Tycoon World, Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate, and Tri Force Heroes. And we reminisce about Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
We Want Games to Respond Better!
We discuss Laralyn McWilliams’s very interesting article in Gamasutra, “Games as a Two-Way Conversation.” which is about how games don’t do enough recognize your emotions and respond. Simone uses Until Dawn, a horror game, as an example that does the two-way conversation better. Simone and Nicole talk about their mutual attraction to Garrus in Mass Effect.
What We Played
Lisa’s been watching “Peep Show,” a British show that reminds us of first-person video games.
Andrew Cameron, who was a fan of GirlFight, reminded us that there’s a contest to name new characters for Super Smash Bros. and he asked what strong female characters we’d like to see . Andrew says, “I like the women racers in FZERO GX; they are equals to the male racers and are dressed appropriately.” We have some other suggestions.
This podcast was recorded in the studios of the Jack Straw Cultural Center in Seattle. The music is by Pat Goodwin at Novelty Shop Creative. Nicole Tanner, Linda Breneman, Simone de Rochefort and Lisa Jaech participated in this podcast. Thanks for listening and if you liked this episode, please rate us on iTunes and find us on BlogTalkRadio!