Neverwinter, the free-to-play Dungeons & Dragons MMORPG, is bringing four free expansions to Xbox One. Elemental Evil, Fury of the Feywild, Shadowmantle, and Curse of Icewind Dale are all available now.
Elemental Evil is the newest of the expansions. It brings with it the following additions to the game:
· Level cap increase from 60 to 70
· Oathbound Paladin playable class with two paragon paths: Oath of Devotion and Oath of Protection
· Eight new adventure zones
· Open-world player-versus-player combat in iconic Icewind Dale
· Four endgame campaigns taking players to areas including Sharandar and Dread Ring
· Two dungeons where adventurers fight against King Malabog and Valindra Shadowmantle
· Minsc & Boo join adventurers in the fight against the Cults of Elemental Evil
· Three new epic skirmishes
· Increase in companion quality cap from epic to legendary
· Maximum level increase for all professions
“We’re thrilled to bring Elemental Evil to Neverwinter’s Xbox One community of over 2 million players,” says executive producer Rob Overmeyer. “With six expansions’ worth of free content released since launch, our team continues to support Neverwinter and its players with all new locations along and outside of the Sword Coast filled with challenging dungeons to crawl and wicked monsters to battle. We’re excited to continue our support with the Strongholds expansion in 2015.”
Neverwinter came out in June 2013 and is available on Windows PC and Xbox One (and is available free-to-play for Xbox One Gold members). The game is based on Dungeons & Dragons, and takes place in a city called Neverwinter. Neverwinter’s last lord has disappeared, and now the dead are attacking. The players must try to figure out what the undead and their leader, a lich named Valindra Shadowmantle (along with a dracolich, or undead dragon), are searching for.