Frontier Developments announced the first DLC expansion coming to Jurassic World Evolution. The Secrets of Dr. Wu will add new dinosaurs and hybrids, as well as new story missions and…
The original RollerCoaster Tycoon (1999) and RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 (2002) have been remastered as RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic. RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic originally launched last December on mobile devices. Now it’s also…
The Planet Coaster Spring Update adds several new rollercoaster types, new rides, and a new feature based on crime and security.
“A new danger lurks in the world of Planet Coaster,” states the press release. “Pickpockets and vandals will now operate in players’ parks. A crime-ridden park will see guests’ happiness fall along with your profits, but security guards and CCTV cameras are on hand to keep park guests safe and prevent mischief-makers from spoiling the fun.”
Here is all the new content coming with the Spring Update:
- Steel Hydra, a suspended swinging coaster
- Trident, a shuttle coaster
- Bakasura, an inverted boomerang shuttle coaster
New Tracked Rides
- Speed Go Karts, build your own Go Karts tracks
- Elixir Machine, 360 degree spinning ride
- Big Wheel, a Ferris wheel
- ZoZo, I have no idea, but apparently it’s a classic
- Crime and Security, angry guests may vandalize park scenery and pickpockets will steal guests’ cash. New security staff can be hired and CCTV cameras built to monitor and prevent crime.
Expansion may be too broad a term, as these are smaller updates that add a few new rides and features. The Spring Update doesn’t seem to add nearly as much content as the Winter Update, though adding a new security element is nifty. Still, free is free! If you like theme park sims and yearn for the 90s era of theme park management, Planet Coaster fits the bill quite well (read our review).
The Planet Coaster Spring Update arrives as a free patch on April 11.