Playing games is fun. Watching streamers play games is fun. Watching streamers play games while raising money for a good cause is fantastic.
JDRF, a nonprofit scientific research organization for Type-1 Diabetes, is hosting three major fundraisers this fall with Humble Bundle, X Rocker, and Twitch, called Game2Give. The Twitch event is taking place this week in a week-long charity event starring big-name Twitch streamers, many of who have first-hand or second-hand experience with Type-1 Diabetes.
The full twitch streaming schedule can be found here. Note that although all the streams should be family-friendly, some of the streamed games, such as Call of Duty, are rated M for Mature.
Here are some neat highlights:
- The Type None Grand Prix is a 6-day Mario Kart tournament with prizes including Pokémon Sword/Shield games, eShop gift cards, and Nintendo Switch consoles. https://www.typenonegrandprix.com/online-tournaments
- Wavy will give away Red Dead Redemption swag donated by Rockstar Games, including a RDR2 Collector’s Box, Pendleton blankets, domino sets, Barking Irons bags, and more. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 5:30-11:30pm PST: http://www.twitch.tv/wavy
- IHasCupquake will give away a rare Grand Theft Auto V Epsilon candle, as well as GTAV games and Xbox controllers. Wednesday from 5-7pm PST: http://www.twitch.tv/ihascupquake
- AverageSiege will do a 24-hour Pokémon Sword/Shield launch marathon with a Nintendo Switch console and a copy of Pokémon Sword as giveaways. Starts Friday at 7pm PST: https://www.twitch.tv/averagesiege
- NASCAR driver Anthony Alfredo will stream iRacing and NASCAR Heat 4 on Wednesday, Sunday, and Monday starting at 3pm PST: http://www.twitch.tv/fast_pasta
- Indie singer/songwriter Resurrection Fern will raffle off a Nintendo Switch. Tuesday 4:30-7:30pm PST and Sunday 12-3:30pm PST: http://www.twitch.tv/resurrectionfern
- DeRock1701 will give away Sid Meier’s Civilization commemorative coins and art books donated by 2K Games. Wednesday, Friday, and Monday from 7-11 PST: https://www.twitch.tv/derock1701
Donations to JDRF can be made here. The Twitch charity event runs through Monday, November 18.