On the podcast this week Nicole makes the fateful decision. Which game will Stephen play for 24 hours straight? It’s for the Extra Life Marathon and it’s for charity, and he’s going to be streaming the whole time!
We also talk about the challenges of dealing with small kids when they get tired and cranky (or eat too many watermelon Pop Tarts), all the big video game news, and what we played. Take a listen!
Hey, Overcast listeners! Recommend us if you have a minute, would you? Thanks, everyone, we love you! Please send in questions!
Listen to the podcast in the player above, download it here, or…
- The Pokémon Company will indeed be making games for the new Nintendo console, the NX. Stephen is infuriated that Nintendo isn’t giving more information about the new console so he can plan his purchase.
- Nintendo released a video of Link cooking in the upcoming new Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
- Stephen will be streaming a certain horse-riding MMO designed for tween girls for the Extra Life Marathon. He’ll be doing his best to win the stable boy’s heart.
- The Skylanders TV show will be launching on Netflix next month.
- Sony admitted that they abandoned Hello Games to its fate when it came to PR for No Man’s Sky.
- There’s more news about the upcoming Pokémon Sun and Moon game.
- Microsoft hired an important VR innovator. Is Microsoft going to start working on VR/AR stuff that’s like what Magic Leap is doing?
- Stephen talked about a new board game from League of Legends, Mechs Vs. Minions.
What We Played
- Linda played World of Warcraft (questing and the Eye of Azshara dungeon in the Legion expansion) and Jrump.
- Stephen has been playing World of Warcraft and Earthlock: The Festival of Magic, an old-school RPG that is free on Xbox Gold right now. He’s also been really enjoying NHL 17 and he did a review for Pixelkin and Engaged Family Gaming.
- Nicole played Hearthstone and Puzzle and Dragons. And she played Bioshock: The Collection. She has new feelings about the Little Sisters.
Our music is by Pat Goodwin at Novelty Shop Creative. Participating in this podcast were Nicole Tanner, Linda Breneman, and Stephen Duetzmann. Look for Stephen at Engagedfamilygaming.com, on his other podcast, and on Facebook, Instagram and all the usual social media channels.
Thanks for listening and, if you liked this episode of the podcast, please rate us on iTunes and follow on BlogTalkRadio!