Rock Band 4 updates are going to be coming out fast and furious. Beginning December 8, the new ongoing live service will issue a free update for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
This first update will be focused on competitive and social features. For example, players will be able to compete for high scores on songs. The Harmonix blog has a lot of information on specific features, but here are some of them:
- Score challenge features that let you compete with your friends (and taunt them when you win)
- The ability to set Breakneck Speed on individual tracks at up to 2.5 times the normal speed
- Recognition of perfect streaks (Full Combo)
- More detailed gameplay statistics on the Song Results screen
- A new Player Stats screen
The longterm plan is that there will be monthly updates of varying scopes. There will also be a mix of smaller releases focusing on bug-fixing and stability. Larger updates will contain new content and features. Harmonix says it will engage the community and use the feedback it receives to help determine what those features will look like.