This week Square Enix has released the highly anticipated PC version of Final Fantasy XV. You can find it on Steam, Origin, and the Microsoft Store in Windows 10. Watch…
Square Enix has announced the official release date for the long-awaited PC version of Final Fantasy XV. Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition will launch on March 6. It will be available on Steam, Origin, and Windows 10 for $49.99. Not to leave out consoles, a new Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition was also announced for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, also for $49.99. The Royal Edition, like the Windows Edition, will include over 20 post-launch add-ons and DLC.
Existing Final Fantasy XV owners on console will be able to upgrade to the Royal Edition via a new Final Fantasy XV Royal Pack, which will be available for $19.99 on the PlayStation and Xbox stores.
The full list of new features and content for the Windows Edition and Royal Edition are listed below.
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players will also take on the Rulers of Yore.
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fishes and dishes.
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed.
- A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective.
- More than a dozen pieces of DLC including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
- All season pass content including the character-focused DLC Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, and Episode Ignis, as well as multiplayer expansion Comrades.
- Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the Final Fantasy XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world.
- Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D
- New Trophies
Note that to play multiplayer via the Comrades DLC requires Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus on consoles.
Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition will support 4K resoution and HDR 10 lighting, as well as mod support. Note that you’ll need the latest Windows 10 Creators Update for HDR 10. Full Minimum, Recommended, and 4K PC requirements are listed on the official website. Benchmark software to test how your PC will run the game will be available starting February 1.
Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition and Royal Edition will be available March 6. Final Fantasy XV has been rated T for Teen.