1. What’s your favorite kind of video game to play with your family?
I like to work through shooters with my brother and cousin—think Halo and Gears of War. They sometimes have to carry me through the tough sections.
2. What’s your main fault as a gamer?
I get too fixated on finding out what happens next in a story—which conflicts with the RPG instinct to leave no sidequest unfinished. As a result, I’ll end up spending a whole weekend on a game that I should have spread out over several weeks.
3. What’s your idea of a miserable gaming experience?
Being completely outmatched in multiplayer. I don’t mind losing, but it’s frustrating when you die too fast to even have a chance to get better at the game.
4. Which game did you find most visually appealing?
The Banner Saga. The art style is stunning.
6. Which game has your favorite story?
I adore the Mass Effect series, but I think my favorite story experience in a game has to be the first Knights of the Old Republic. I grew up on Star Wars, and Bioware developed a compelling expansion on a universe that I already loved. They let me play as a Jedi! The writing for the companion characters is almost flawless, and the plot twist in the middle of the game made me drop my controller in shock. It’s that good. I’ve lost track of the number of times I’ve completed the main storyline.
7. What are your favorite gaming snacks?
Chocolate-covered almonds. Delicious, addicting, and they don’t leave a mess all over your keyboard.
8. Who’s your favorite video game villain?
Any character that’s delightfully insane. I was a little sad the first time I beat Portal, because I knew I wouldn’t hear GLaDOS for the rest of the game. Fortunately, there’s always Portal 2.
9. What video game character would you pick to cosplay if you had unlimited time and resources?
Wrex from the Mass Effect games. Who doesn’t want to be a krogan for a day?