1. What’s your favorite kind of video game to play with your family?
2. What’s your favorite quality in a male game character? Female game character?
Male: I guess sneaky and fast like a thief
Female: Strong and powerful
3. What kinds of game do you avoid?
Facebook or Zynga-related games
4. What’s your favorite quality in your gaming buddies (kids or not)?
5. What’s your main fault as a gamer?
Getting too worked up over a game
6. How has gaming shaped your identity?
I transferred my competitive qualities from sports towards gaming. It has opened me up to the entire virtual world and I’ve developed many friendships even though I have yet to meet them face to face. This has strengthened my social life but just in a different way. When I start to develop a passion for games, especially computer games, I felt like I’d found a new passion and I learned more and more about computers—enough that I could build them for myself and others. It’s made me meet a ton of people and I’ve been interacting with them through some voice applications. I’ve developed many friendships where even though I’ve never met them face to face I could easily have a conversation with them face to face when the opportunity presented itself. Gaming has made me a stronger person by making me think tactically about every move I make.
7. What’s your idea of a miserable gaming experience?
Toxic players bashing you constantly for every mistake you make. Toxic players really hurt the experience for everyone.
8. Which game did you find most visually appealing?
Skyrim or Sleeping Dogs. HD mods on Skyrim just make the game incredible.
9. Which game soundtrack would you listen to on repeat?
League of Legends soundtrack to me never gets old.
10. Which game has your favorite story?
League of Legends lore is fantastic. Unfortunately they haven’t focused much on the lore this past year.
11. What are your favorite gaming snacks?
Strawberries and Clementines