The Sailor’s Dream
The Sailor’s Dream is an ethereal exploration game for iOS.
Click a title to learn more about each topic.
Story & Themes
The Sailor’s Dream tells the tale of a man, a woman, and a young girl who lived by the sea. The man was a sailor, and he would have to leave for long stretches of time. The story is somewhat dark; however, the dark parts of the game are never shown explicitly. They are told, either by written or spoken word. The game is also out of chronological order, which makes the details dreamlike and uncertain.
- Why did the sailor choose to live most of his life at sea, instead of with the people he loved?
- What are some other stories that discuss the allure of the sea?
- Why did the house burn down?
- Is there a right or wrong kind of family?
- What do you think the ending means?
- Why do you think the woman wrote songs and threw them out to sea?
- Have you ever been very lonely? How did you cope?
Mystery, Point-and-Click Adventure, Visual/Audio/Interactive Novel
Interests / Subjects:
Art (Painting, Drawing, etc.),
COMPETENCIES / INTELLIGENCIES:
REGION OF ORIGIN:
Cannot be played online