Grand Theft Auto V
Grand Theft Auto V is the latest installment in a series of action-adventure games.
Click a title to learn more about each topic.
Story & Themes
In every GTA game you can expect lots of over-the-top thrills in the form of car chases, assassinations, explosions, heists, etc. You can also expect misogyny, racial slurs, homophobia, and transphobia.
Ironically, the GTA franchise has more playable people of color than any other game franchise. As usual, this is a double-edged sword because even if the characters are fully fleshed out and interesting, they are still always violent criminals
In GTA V the strippers' breasts are exposed. There is casual male shirtlessness in most games. In GTA V there is a disturbing instance of graphic full-frontal male nudity with implications of sexual violence.
- Do you think these games are realistic? What happens when people behave this way in real life?
- What is your favorite part of this game? What makes it fun?
- When people criticize this game on the news, do you think they are being fair?
- Are these games funny? If so, what is so funny about them?
- Do some parts of this game make you uncomfortable? Is the game still fun if you’re uncomfortable?
- Does being able to do something "bad" in a game make you want to do it more?
Action/Adventure, Open World
Interests / Subjects:
COMPETENCIES / INTELLIGENCIES:
REGION OF ORIGIN:
Can be played online