Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto IV is a title in the series of open-world, action-adventure games.
Click a title to learn more about each topic.
Story & Themes
In every GTA game you can expect lots of over-the-top thrills in the form of car chases, assassinations, explosions, heists, etc. You can also expect misogyny, racial slurs, homophobia, and transphobia.
Ironically, the GTA franchise has more playable people of color than any other game franchise. As usual, this is a double-edged sword because even if the characters are fully fleshed out and interesting, they are still always violent criminals
In GTA IV, the sex workers are scantily clad; strippers wear only nipple pasties and thongs. There is casual male shirtlessness in most games, and The Lost and the Damned downloadable content for GTA IV introduces full-frontal male nudity.
- Do you think these games are realistic? What happens when people behave this way in real life?
- What is your favorite part of this game? What makes it fun?
- When people criticize this game on the news, do you think they are being fair?
- Are these games funny? If so, what is so funny about them?
- When you know you can do something in a game that is considered bad in real life, does it make you want to do it more?
- Do some parts of this game make you uncomfortable? Is the game still fun if you’re uncomfortable?
Action/Adventure, Open World, Racing
Interests / Subjects:
COMPETENCIES / INTELLIGENCIES:
REGION OF ORIGIN:
Can be played online