Broken Age is a puzzle adventure game featuring double protagonists.
Click a title to learn more about each topic.
Story & Themes
The major themes of Broken Age include growing up, rebelling, and finding one’s own agency. Both Shay and Vella wish to break free of the cycles they are in, and they do so by questioning the status quo and performing actions that those around them do not condone. Both characters are innately good, however. The story's many adults are (mostly) not evil, but they do have some fundamental misunderstandings about the kids and teens in their lives. Broken Age shows that it's possible to love someone even when you don't "get" them.
- Do you think it was okay for Vella to risk the lives of her town’s people in order to save her own?
- Shay clearly feels that he is being overprotected, but it’s true that he is safer within the ship’s routine—is it okay to sacrifice safety for excitement or meaning?
- Have you ever felt like Shay and Vella, trapped in a cycle? Have you ever felt like the people around you just aren’t listening or understanding what you want or need?
- What did you think of the Dead Eye Druids' ending?
- Why would the Thrush create such a complex scheme? Did it remind you of any historical events?
Point-and-Click Adventure, Puzzle, Role-Playing (RPG), Side-Scroller
Interests / Subjects:
Art (Painting, Drawing, etc.),
COMPETENCIES / INTELLIGENCIES:
REGION OF ORIGIN:
Cannot be played online