Assassin’s Creed III
Assassin’s Creed III is an action-adventure game set during the Revolutionary War. You’ll meet American historical figures such as George Washington and Benjamin Franklin while engaging in the free running and swordplay that the Assassin’s Creed series is known for.
Click a title to learn more about each topic.
Story & Themes
Ratonhnhaké:ton grows up in the Mohawk village. One day, it is attacked by Templars. The village burns, and Ratonhnhaké:ton's mother dies in the fire. Ratonhnhaké:ton swears revenge on the Templar who he believes to be responsible. When he turns 13, his clan's leader shows him a Precursor artifact. Upon touching the artifact, he is shown a vision containing the Assassin's symbol. He draws the symbol for his clan's leader, and she sends him to an Assassin Mentor to be trained. He recommends that Ratonhnhaké:ton change his name to Connor so that he can blend in to the American colonies more effectively. Connor is led by his mentor in a fight against the American Templars led by his father, of which the man who burned down his village is a member.
- Why do you think Ubisoft chose to tell this story as science fiction instead of straight historical fiction?
- Does the game do a good job of making you feel like you’re in a real location?
- Do you think these games would appeal to someone who isn’t interested in history? Does it make you want to learn more?
- Do you feel like you learned anything about the American Revolution or Mohawk culture from this game?
- What other historical periods do you want these games to explore? What cities do you think would be good locations?
Interests / Subjects:
COMPETENCIES / INTELLIGENCIES:
REGION OF ORIGIN:
Can be played online