Square Enix is continuing their trend of bringing remastered versions of their older games to the PS4. Now you can add Final Fantasy XII to that list. But there’s something extra thrown into Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age. The game will include the Zodiac Job System, which wasn’t part of the game when it was originally released.
The Zodiac is a 12-job character progression that allows players to focus their skills on a deeper level. Besides the inclusion of the Zodiac Job System, the remaster will also include:
- Latest-generation high-definition graphical capabilities, including characters and movie scenes fully remastered in high-definition.
- True 7.1 surround sound, including high-definition voicing and newly recorded background music utilizing the current generation of sound production.
- Option to switch between the original and the newly remastered soundtrack.
- New trial mode where players can take on monsters and enemies in up to 100 successive battles
- Modern gameplay advancements including PlayStation 4 trophy support and share functionalities, auto-save and shortened loading times
The game will be available on PlayStation 4 in 2017