Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is launching on May 19 for Nintendo 3DS. Nintendo has detailed the upcoming downloadable content for the tactical role-playing game. A total of five DLC Packs will be available. They can be purchased individually, or as part of the Season Pass Bundle for $44.99.
- DLC Pack #1 – Fledgling Warriors Pack ($7.99): Includes the Astral Temple dungeon and two new maps. It’s designed for early to mid-game levels. Releases May 19.
- DLC Pack #2 – Undaunted Heroes Pack ($9.99): Includes Inner Sanctum dungeon and two new maps. Designed for stronger and more seasoned adventurers. Releases May 25.
- DLC Pack #3 – Lost Altars Pack ($14.99): Includes several dungeons that contain the power to upgrade characters to exclusive classes not found anywhere else. The pack includes 10 total classes. Releases May 25.
- DLC Pack #4 – Rise of the Deliverance Pack ($12.99): New story content (with additional voice acting) that acts as a Prologue and details the Deliverance in Zofia. Includes several new maps, new support conversations, and a new character to play. Releases June 1.
- DLC Pack #5 – ??? ($5.99): Nintendo didn’t release any information about this pack except for the price and that it contains “two pieces of content.”
Each individual piece of content (such as a single battle map) can be purchased separately if you really want to pick and choose. See the Fire Emblem Echoes DLC page for individual content pricing.
Fire Emblem Echoes will also receive free DLC in addition to the above paid options. The first is called Mila’s Bounty. It’s a special gift that the goddess Mila will bestow. Simply connect to the internet in-game and check for downloads.
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is a remake of the second ever Fire Emblem title, Fire Emblem Gaiden. It originally launched in 1992 for the Famicom in Japan. It introduced dungeon-crawling to the tactical series. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia releases on May 19 for Nintendo 3DS.