Candy Crush Saga
Candy Crush Saga is a “match 3” puzzle game for mobile phones and browsers.
Click a title to learn more about each topic.
Story & Themes
World-building like this is included at the beginning of each chapter of the game, to set the context for the game mechanic. For example, at the beginning of the Candy Factory chapter, Tiffi must help find ingredients for the candy. This is accomplished by introducing ingredients which the player must bring to the bottom of the board. In the chocolate levels, the chocolate must be destroyed or else it will cover the entire game board and render play impossible.
Candy Crush doesn’t offer much by way of content, but you can talk about how the game is designed:
- How does Candy Crush encourage you to keep playing?
- What makes Candy Crush different from other match-three games like Bejeweled?
- Why do you think Candy Crush is so popular?
- Are the mechanics that Candy Crush uses—asking friends, charging small amounts for bonuses—fair or unfair? What other games use those methods?
- What is the best moment you’ve ever had in Candy Crush?
Interests / Subjects:
COMPETENCIES / INTELLIGENCIES:
Pattern Recognition, Strategy
REGION OF ORIGIN:
Can be played online