1. What’s your favorite kind of video game to play with your family?
2. What’s your favorite quality in a male game character? Female game character?
Gender doesn’t make a difference. Great characters will all have a strong sense of self and the strength to overcome obstacles in the pursuit of their goals, whatever they may be.
3. What kinds of game do you avoid?
I generally don’t like hyper-militaristic first-person shooters. Sorry, Call of Duty.
4. What’s your favorite quality in your gaming buddies (kids or not)?
Good sportsmanship and a good sense of humor.
5. What’s your main fault as a gamer?
I can be a little OCD about collecting things and unlocking secrets.
6. How has gaming shaped your identity?
Gaming is such a huge part of mine and my husband’s lives that I doubt I would even recognize myself if I didn’t play them.
7. What’s your idea of a miserable gaming experience?
Too much repetition with little reward, or playing online with jerks
8. In which virtual world would you choose to vacation?
Rapture, before the fall
9. Which game did you find most visually appealing?
10. Which game soundtrack would you listen to on repeat?
11. Which game has your favorite story?
12. Which video game character would you choose to be a hero for your kids?
The new Lara Croft
13. What are your favorite gaming snacks?
My hands are too busy with the controller to snack.
14. Who’s your favorite video game villain?
15. Which video game ability/item/superpower would you most like to be gifted with?
16. What video game character would you pick to cosplay if you had unlimited time and resources?
A Big Daddy
17. Most interesting way you’ve ever died in a video game?
Wooden stake through the neck in the newest Tomb Raider