Mobile spin-off Fire Emblem Heroes was recently updated to version 2.0. The large update comes with new content and features, including new story chapters and a free, unlockable legendary hero….
Available On: Nintendo 3DS
The Fire Emblem series has exploded in the last few years. The tactical role-playing series has been around since the 90s, but only in the U.S. since 2003. With Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia we’re already getting our third Fire Emblem game for the Nintendo 3DS – but it’s actually a remake of 1992’s Fire Emblem Gaiden.
Playing the remake of the second game in the storied franchise with updated sprites, 3D dungeon crawls, polished voice acting, and anime cutscenes is an incredible treat for any Fire Emblem fan.
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is launching on May 19 for Nintendo 3DS. Nintendo has detailed the upcoming downloadable content for the tactical role-playing game. A total of five DLC Packs will be available. They can be purchased individually, or as part of the Season Pass Bundle for $44.99.
- DLC Pack #1 – Fledgling Warriors Pack ($7.99): Includes the Astral Temple dungeon and two new maps. It’s designed for early to mid-game levels. Releases May 19.
- DLC Pack #2 – Undaunted Heroes Pack ($9.99): Includes Inner Sanctum dungeon and two new maps. Designed for stronger and more seasoned adventurers. Releases May 25.
- DLC Pack #3 – Lost Altars Pack ($14.99): Includes several dungeons that contain the power to upgrade characters to exclusive classes not found anywhere else. The pack includes 10 total classes. Releases May 25.
- DLC Pack #4 – Rise of the Deliverance Pack ($12.99): New story content (with additional voice acting) that acts as a Prologue and details the Deliverance in Zofia. Includes several new maps, new support conversations, and a new character to play. Releases June 1.
- DLC Pack #5 – ??? ($5.99): Nintendo didn’t release any information about this pack except for the price and that it contains “two pieces of content.”
Each individual piece of content (such as a single battle map) can be purchased separately if you really want to pick and choose. See the Fire Emblem Echoes DLC page for individual content pricing.
Fire Emblem Echoes will also receive free DLC in addition to the above paid options. The first is called Mila’s Bounty. It’s a special gift that the goddess Mila will bestow. Simply connect to the internet in-game and check for downloads.
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is a remake of the second ever Fire Emblem title, Fire Emblem Gaiden. It originally launched in 1992 for the Famicom in Japan. It introduced dungeon-crawling to the tactical series. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia releases on May 19 for Nintendo 3DS.
Fire Emblem fans have even more to look forward to when Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia releases this May for Nintendo 3DS. A special Limited Edition version will be…
For a free-to-play title, Fire Emblem Heroes has been very generous with its orbs. Orbs are used to randomly summon new heroes and are the primary piece of loot to spend real money on. You can normally earn a limited amount of orbs through completing quests and main story missions.
This week Fire Emblem Heroes added Special Weapon Quests. These quests task you with beating specific training stratums or story missions with only users of certain weapons: sword, lance, and axe. Hopefully you’ve already earned enough orbs and summoned the right heroes to fill out a full team of each. The quests reward you with orbs, shards, and badges. The latter two are used to level up and promote heroes.
The Special Weapon Quests are only available through the weekend, ending Sunday, Feb 27 around midnight.
There are a bunch of other bonuses going on in Fire Emblem Heroes right now. Every day that you log in you earn two free orbs with the App Release Bonus. A special Exp Event awards 1.5 times the normal experience in every battle mode. The Exp Event ends Thursday, Feb 23.
There are also several Launch Celebration maps you can play in the Special Maps category. These maps are on-par with story missions, and reward a whopping three orbs for completing them on Normal and Hard. The third set was recently released, upping the total orbs earned through these maps to 18.
Relying on random draws from the orbs can be frustrating. Having so many opportunities to earn free orbs is a wonderful incentive. Fire Emblem Heroes is easily Nintendo’s best mobile game to date – Read our review.